Most Active Stories
WRVO Job Opening: Senior Project Producer
Title: Senior Project Producer
Reports to: Director of Program Support
Position summary:The Senior Project Producer (SPP) will serve as chief editor/producer of audio projects stemming from regional events such as community forums, station promotion functions, special broadcasts including election night coverage, and grant-funded activity. The SPP will serve as an on-air host and will be responsible for organizing and participating in on-air fundraisers. The SPP will oversee production of WRVO’s signature old-time-radio program Tuned to Yesterday and other programs as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Produce regional content for broadcast and podcast at wrvo.org as assigned.
- Serve as on-air host for Tuned to Yesterday and as regional host for All Things Considered, Morning Edition and other day parts as assigned.
- Organize and administer scripting and scheduling of talent for on-air fundraisers.
- Work closely with Program Operations Manager to assure consistent high-quality production values in all broadcasts and podcasts.
- Participate in station events with donors and other stakeholders as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Required:
- High school degree or higher.
- Minimum of five years of experience in audio production for broadcast.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Experience operating radio program automation systems.
- Experience as a successful on-air host (must provide audio samples)
- Experience pitching on-air during membership drives.
- Ability to work effectively on deadline.
WRVO Public Media is a multi-station network with an NPR News/Information format serving Central and Northern New York. WRVO offices and studios are located on the campus of the State University of New York College at Oswego.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and names, affiliations, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references electronically to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Research Foundation of SUNY/WRVO is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. No phone calls.
The selected individual will be a Research Foundation of SUNY employee (see: http://www.oswego.edu/administration/ORSP/research_foundation.html). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender, or sexual orientation.