The siting of large trash incinerators in the Finger Lakes region is prohibited under legislation signed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo. Cuomo announced on Friday that the law is intended to protect farmers and wineries in the Finger Lakes from adverse environmental effects and preserve the region's $3 billion wine and tourism economy. “The Finger Lakes region remains one of New York's must-see destinations with some of the most beautiful natural resources in the world.It is crucial that we protect it,...
The latest from WRVO
- Marijuana: Legalizing recreational use, revisiting medical use
- 'Says You!' comes to Syracuse and Utica for live tapings in November
- Rachel Martin, host of 'Morning Edition,' coming to Syracuse this fall
- Brains & Losses: The bottom line on aging and financial vulnerability
- Job opening: Digital Coordinator
- Old time radio returns to the movies with 'Murder, My Sweet'
- Can We Talk?: Asking for Help