A Norwich City School District bus driver is being called a hero for saving a student from a car last week that illegally passed the bus. The district released a video of the incident, which went viral and was shared around the world. Rep. Anthony Brindisi (D-Utica) honored the bus driver and is pushing legislation to improve school bus safety. The video shows Samantha Call, the bus driver, grab the back of a student who was exiting the bus, just as a car passed along the right-hand side. “It...
The latest from WRVO
- Rachel Martin, host of 'Morning Edition,' coming to Syracuse this fall
- Brains & Losses: The bottom line on aging and financial vulnerability
- Job opening: Digital Coordinator
- Old time radio returns to the movies with 'Murder, My Sweet'
- Can We Talk?: Asking for Help
- Donate $50 in support of 50 years of great radio
- New sound coming to 'Morning Edition' in May