Be respectful when commenting. WRVO reserves the right to delete comments with inappropriate language or themes, as this is a public space. We do not condone racism, sexism or homophobia. This is a place for all to share their opinions and ask questions.
WRVO uses the Disqus platform for comments, which you'll see below each news story. You can either register and create a basic profile for commenting, or comment as a one-time user.
Here's what we would prefer to see in comments:
- Smart, informed ideas that contribute to the story
- Constructive, respectful criticism, including alerts to potential errors or typographical mistakes
- Shared relevant wisdom and anecdotes
- Ongoing dialogue that furthers understanding
- The ability to take a critical look at your own point-of-view
Please refrain from:
- Using inappropriate language (even if it is abbreviated)
- Promoting your own brand, product or blog -- especially if it is not relevant
- Commenting without reading the article and, ideally, past comments
- Commenting about unrelated topics
- Linking to an outside page/website without any context
- Making threats of any kind against the author, commenters or subjects of the story
- Flagging a comment simply because you disagree with it
Additionally, Disqus puts restrictions on:
- Targeted harassment, encouragement to harass
- Direct threat of harm
- Posting personally identifiable information
- Inappropriate profile content
These guidelines apply to all comments on the WRVO website and related social channels. They are subject to change.