WRVO Job Opening: Program Operations Manager
Title: Program Operations Manager
Reports to: Director of Program Support
Position summary:The Program Operations Manager (POM) will be responsible for all aspects of program system operation. The POM will schedule board operators and work closely with engineering and traffic departments to maintain reliable program streams consistent with program and underwriting contracts. The POM will serve as an on-air host and will voice-track underwriting credits and other continuity and will participate in station events and other activities as requested by the Director of Program Support.
Compensation:$42,000 plus SUNY RF benefits
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of program importing/exporting/logging as assigned by Director of Program Support.
- Schedule board operators for all live and automated programming.
- Work closely with engineering in all aspects of system operations to assure reliable high-quality audio and reliable program continuity in broadcast/online streaming.
- Work closely with traffic department to assure seamless interaction between AudioVault and Allegiance Traffic in preparation and execution of daily program logs.
- Serve as on-air host, record underwriting credits and other continuity.
- Participate in promotional events with donors, program underwriters and other stakeholders as requested.
Qualifications and Education Required:
- Associates degree (successful candidate must submit official transcript).
- Minimum three years radio broadcast experience including on-air and control board operation.
- Experience programming and operating AudioVault, Allegiance Traffic, and NewsBoss software systems.
WRVO Public Media is a multi-station network with an NPR News/Information format serving Central and Northern New York. WRVO offices and studios are located on the campus of the State University of New York College at Oswego.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and names, affiliations, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references electronically to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Research Foundation of SUNY/WRVO is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. No phone calls.
The selected individual will be a Research Foundation of SUNY employee (see: http://www.oswego.edu/administration/ORSP/research_foundation.html). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender, or sexual orientation.